Best Vacuum Sealer Under $50
Read Our Honest Review About Best Vacuum Sealer Under $50
Vacuum sealers have long been around for consumer use, but as of late, more and more consumers are making the decision to purchase a vacuum sealer for home use.
Vacuum sealers are used to help better store food so that it lasts longer than if it were stored in a traditional way such as resealable bags or containers.
By sealing the food and removing oxygen from the storage bag, food is able to last up to three times longer than before.
Whether you’re storing bulk food, leftovers or extra meat, a vacuum sealer can come in handy.
However, there are a wide variety of vacuum sealers on the market and it can be tough to decide which one is the best available and will suit your needs.
In addition, vacuum sealers are available at multiple different price points. If you’re looking for a vacuum sealer for under $50, then the following information will help you decide what you’re looking for in a vacuum sealer and which vacuum sealer on the market will fit your needs best.
Things To Consider When Buying A Vacuum Sealer
Determine How Often You Will Use It
When you go to buy a vacuum sealer, you will notice that there are multiple sealers that can all be used differently.
In short, there are industrial strength vacuum sealers that can seal a large number of bags per week and there are other vacuum sealers that are strictly made for home use and are not built to handle the wear and tear of frequent use.
If you plan on using a vacuum sealer for everyday use or for business, investing in an industrial strength vacuum sealer would be your best bet as it can better fit your needs with less chance of breaking down.
If you only plan on using the sealer in your home and for leftovers or food storage, then a kitchen or portable model will do the trick.
Internal vs. External Vacuum Sealers
Internal vacuum sealer:
- Place entire bag inside and lower the lid
- Bag is sealed inside of the chamber
- Creates the tightest seal possible
- Recommended for high-volume packing.
External vacuum sealer:
- Only the opening of the bag gets placed in the unit
- Sealer uses a hose or nozzle to draw air out of the bag and seal it
- Not as tightly sealed as an internal vacuum sealer
- Easy to use and recommended for home use
Vertical vs. Horizontal Orientation
While it may seem like a trivial matter, it’s important to decide if you want your vacuum sealer to have a vertical (upright) orientation or a horizontal (flat) orientation.
The biggest reason a vertical orientation is typically preferred is because if you are going to seal liquid-based items, a vertical orientation sealer prevents spillage.
Additionally, some upright vacuum sealers include attachments to help seal canning jars. Horizontal vacuum sealers also have benefits to them as they allow for variability in width settings to help provide a better seal.
- While it may not seem like there are many features of a vacuum sealer that can make or break your purchase, there are several key features worth considering before you purchase your vacuum sealer.
- For example, some vacuum sealers have dishwasher friendly parts while there are others that immediately capture any spillage that may occur.
- It’s important to note whether or not specific vacuum bags are needed in order to use the machine. Some sealers require you to use only their brand of bags while other sealers will let you use any type of bag.
Recommended Product Reviews
1. Seal-a-Meal FSSMSL0160-000 Vacuum Sealer
The Seal-a-Meal FSSMSL0160-000 Vacuum Sealer is a horizontally oriented, external sealer that features a press and hold release system,
A patented removable drip tray, indicator lights and a compact design to help make its case as the best vacuum sealer on the market for under $50.
- Indicator lights tell you when the machine is sealing a bag and when the bag is able to be removed.
- Removable drip tray makes cleanup even easier. Instead of having to wipe underneath the machine if there were a spill, all spills go to the removable drip tray located under the sealer. In order to clean, simply lift the drip tray out and rinse it off. The tray is also dishwasher safe.
- Accommodates four different sized bags (8-inch, 11-inch, quart and gallon) that makes it easier to choose the bag that fits the food you wish to store.
- Compact design makes it easy for you to keep the vacuum sealer on the counter when it is not in use.
I would recommend this vacuum sealer if you’re looking for a simple, easy to use sealer that requires minimal cleanup.
While this particular sealer may not be able to withstand high-volume packaging, it is the perfect sealer for weekly home use.
2. Rival FSFGSL0150-015 3 Step Vacuum Sealer w/ Bag Starter Kit
The Rival FSFGSL0150-015 3 Step Vacuum Sealer is a horizontally oriented, external sealer includes an open and release button that allows you to cancel the vacuum seal process at any time,
A vacuum trough to help collect overflow liquids and includes a bag starter kit to provide you with the first set of bags to start using.
- Includes a bag starter kit so you can begin to vacuum seal as soon as you purchase the product.
- Vacuum trough located inside of the sealer catches any overflow liquid which helps eliminate the potential of making a mess while sealing items with a heavy liquid base.
- Easy to use process. Simply hold the lid down while the bag is in place until the hands free indicator light shows. Once the indicator light is on, you can let go. In just a few seconds, a second indicator light will come on and you simply hit the cancel button to release the lid and retrieve your newly sealed bag.
I would recommend the Rival FSFGSL0150-015 3 Step Vacuum Sealer to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive, yet effective sealer. With a vacuum trough to catch any overflow liquid,
The Rival FSFGSL0150-015 3 Step Vacuum Sealer makes cleaning up as easy as can be. While this particular sealer tends to struggle a little when it comes to sealing liquids, if you follow the proper included instructions, vacuum sealing will be a breeze.
3. Nesco VS-01 Food Vacuum Sealer
The Nesco VS-01 Food Vacuum Sealer is a horizontally, external sealer that offers one touch operation with an automatic shut off,
A easy seal only button that allows the user to reseal bags, and a seal only switch to prevent over vacuuming. All of those features are combined into one of the smallest and most compact vacuum sealers on the market.
- One touch operation that automatically shuts off when the bag is airtight. No need to wait and turn off the sealer on your own.
- Features an easy seal only button that allows you to reseal any bag or create a new bag from a roll.
- Seal only switch prevents over vacuuming to help protect any delicate or fragile foods that you may decide to seal.
- One of the smallest and most compact sealers on the market that makes it easy to leave out on your countertop for easier access.
I would recommend the Nesco VS-01 Food Vacuum Sealer for those who are looking for a vacuum sealer that can be used frequently but still won’t break the bank.
The Nesco VS-01 Food Vacuum Sealer is able to be used with plenty of different types of bags which gives the user even more freedom.
At only 15 inches in length, the Nesco VS-01 Food Vacuum Sealer is perfect for anyone who wants a powerful vacuum sealer but doesn’t want to devote that much space to it.
4. GBB Upgraded Food Vacuum Sealer Machine
The GBB Upgraded Food Vacuum Sealer Machine is the perfect machine for anyone who is out to find the simplest and easiest way to vacuum seal.
The GBB Upgraded Food Vacuum Sealer Machine is a horizontally oriented,
External sealer that provides its users with one of the quietest motors, a fully automated sealing process and a 90 day free replacement guarantee.
- Super quiet motor runs at around 45 decibels whereas normal sealers run between 90 to 120 decibels. While a quiet motor may not matter to some, I know I personally would love a quiet motor as it would allow me to seal anything at any time of the day without having to worry about disturbing family.
- Features smart speed adjustment, which can automatically respond to the food that is being sealed and the machine will seal the bag appropriately based on the food inside.
- Includes a hands-free sealing process with indicators so that you know exactly when your food is done sealing and can be removed.
As I mentioned earlier, the GBB Upgraded Food Vacuum Sealer Machine is highly recommended in large part due to the ease of use,
The wide variety of bags it can accommodate, the smart speed adjustments, the hands-free sealing process and lastly, the quiet motor.
While it may not seem like it would be a huge deal, a quiet motor like the one found on the GBB Upgraded Food Vacuum Sealer Machine is yet another reason why I recommend this product.
5. FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System FM1000 Food Sealer
The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System FM1000 Food Sealer is one of the most highly recommended food sealers on the market due to its extra wide sealing strip for a better, tighter seal,
It’s easy-clean removable drip tray and it’s easy lock latch closure. These three things combined make the FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System FM1000 Food Sealer one of the can’t-miss products on today’s market.
- Features an extra wide sealing strip. The benefit behind this extra wide strip is that no matter what you are sealing, you will get a better, more airtight seal than you would with a different sealer.
- The easy clean removable drip tray makes cleaning up any potential spills as easy as ever. All spills and leakage flows into the tray so you just simply remove the tray, clean it and replace it and you’re all cleaned up from sealing.
The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System FM1000 Food Sealer is a food sealer that I would highly recommend.
While it lacks a few of the features that other vacuum sealers on the market currently have, it makes up for it in it’s ease of use, it’s extra wide sealing strip, and it’s easy clean removable tray.
Those three features combined with all the others mentioned above make the FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System FM1000 Food Sealer one of the best products on the market.
Final Verdict - Best Vacuum Sealer under $50
Shopping around for the perfect vacuum sealer can be tedious work. With all of the different specifications and features that you have to consider, looking for the vacuum sealer that fits all your needs is a trick.
Luckily for you, five of the most highly recommended vacuum sealers for under $50 are mentioned above. Each one offers something different and unique from the next. Take the time to look them over and decide which one will work best for you.
I personally recommend all five of the vacuum sealers listed above, so if you are considering purchasing a vacuum sealer, then look no further.